The awesomely witty Katie from Hook, Line & Sink Her has very kindly nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award. I love her blog so be sure to check it out and have a read. Cheers me deers!!
Here’s the dealio, I have to nominate 15 (wow – 15!) other lovelies to receive this awards and I have to share 7 random facts about me with the world.
First things first, here are my nominations: These are some of my very favourite blogs to read and very lovely ladies to chat with. Definitely all very versatile and I hope you drop by their blogs and follow them for internetty fun & frolics. I said very a lot just then, very many times in fact!
- The first album I ever owned was Betty Boo, Boomania back when I was just Doin’ The Do – of course it was on cassette too!
- I didn't have my hair cut until I was 11!
- I was born in Wales so had a Welsh accent until we moved to England. I hate my English “boring” voice so I like to do my Welsh accent whenever I can.
- When I was little I wanted to be an impersonator – I used to do a really good Loyd Grossman and also Whoopi Goldberg. I’m really bad at impressions now but really good at regional accents (thanks drama school for the useful skills!
- I once appeared in a play about the Holocaust as an evacuee (I was young but not that young and they had to strap my breasts down and then take them off as the character aged during the play!) after one performance an elderly gentleman asked to speak to me. He was a German Jewish man who had escaped Nazi Germany but his little sister didn't make it out alive. He was crying as he told me how much I reminded him of her and he said how happy he was to have seen the play and see her come to life. I struggled to hold back tears as I felt I didn't have the right to cry. He hugged me tightly and thanked me. I wept after he left.
- On to a lighter note – I have a thing about buttons (the kind you press).Remote controls, keyboards, phones all of these have to be tested. I have been known to not purchase items of technology purely on the quality and “feel” of the buttons. Oooh, I love a good button!
- My brother and I used to love to play Bamboozle – the Teletext quiz during the school holidays if we were stuck in the house because of the weather or something. Loved Teletext – 606 for "Now & Next" – genius!!
So there we are then. It’s getting harder to think of facts about myself so if I’m ever lucky enough to get an award like this again I might pretend to be Drew Barrymore instead – sigh, I love Drew Barrymore (minus the drug-addled childhood that is) I bet I can think of some cool facts about her!